Luz Marina

Friday 16 March 2007

bubbles, mum!


Luz has some picture cards on a magnetic board.
The board has the same pictures than those on the cards so you always put each picture card on the matching picture on the board.
Luz uses these cards to ask for the object pictured. She will take a card and give it to an adult.
This is known as Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS).
She never points to one of the pictures on the board simply because she doesn't point (yet).
There are usually three cards on our board, with their matching pictures.
Well today, quite in coherence with the chaos all around the house, none of the picture cards where on their place. Actually, I was trying to tidy up when Luz took my hand and pulled me towards the picture board. She aproached my hand to the bubble bottle picture AND she neatly placed her index finger on the bubble picture she was showing me.
This is the first time she has so clearly indicated something with her finger. She soon repeated the action when the bubbles stopped and she couldn't see the bubble bottle anywhere (I had hidden it)... she just needed a little prompting. Since I new she wanted more, I took her to the board and asked "¿cual?" (which one?) and she answered by touching the bubble picture again! Luz really loves bubbles. Things she likes so much can be part of our tools for communication.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Carmen Eva said...

que buena la foto, con el ojo a traves de la burbuja....supongo que le dijiste que no se indica con el dedo, jiji,...a mi me lo dijeron y ahora me dicen que la energia se me bloquea en las muñecas...ocupan señas entre ustedes dos?

20 March 2007 at 18:40  
Blogger luz said...

pucha, apuntar es una etapa del desarrollo!, es el inicio del lenguaje! a los nignos q no saben indicar con el dedo o no entienden cuando otro apunta se les trata de enseñar. Dificil tarea, por el momento no tenemos mucho exito con pointing, pero si con las señas... entiende varios signos y sabe usar un par.

22 March 2007 at 12:58  
Blogger vita-luz said...

qué emocion

:°)

12 April 2007 at 09:36  
Blogger plant and animals and earth said...

burbujas ?yipi!me encantan. au revoire

25 May 2007 at 09:29  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home